The association was formed for the following five purposes:
- To promote better health services.
- To obtain and exchange information.
- To investigate problem areas common to health department administration and suggest solutions.
- To promote continuing education for health department directors and employees.
- To establish a framework for more effective communication among health departments, state agencies, local agencies and other interested parties.
The Association holds monthly meetings for discussion of pertinent issues relating to the operations of local health departments. Additionally, the Association develops, adopts and disseminates information, policy statements, and resolutions on matters of importance to public health in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. It provides educational materials to its members for their use in educating board members and other policy makers on public health matters.
- Click here for a listing of all Health Departments
- Click here for a listing of KHDA Executive Members
Mission"To protect and ensure the health of our citizens through quality individual and population-based services."
Local health departments will achieve their Mission through community leadership in the core functions of:
- Community Health Assessment
- Public Health Policy Development
- Assurance of Quality Service
Core ValuesWe believe that these Core Values will enable local health departments in the Commonwealth to ensure the highest standards for public health.
- Demonstrate respect for individuals and families in all we do.
- Display concern and compassion for all we serve.
- Respect individuals by providing quality health care to all.
- Speak with honesty and display consistency in stating our public health message.
- Display courage by always taking a stand that will protect the health of the public.
- Resist pressure that will diminish our public health mission.
- Work to provide excellence in all we do for those we serve.
- Our efforts will be directed to making primary prevention the central focus in all we do.
- Strive for excellence by being efficient, dependable, and accountable in all services we provide.
- Board of Health Toolkit (ZIP)